With headquarters located in Washington DC, we are a 100% virtual firm, which allows us to provide higher quality, lower cost, and fully flexible services to clients across the country and the globe, while also offering employees a creative, energetic, and family-friendly work place.
NPAG is growing! We are currently recruiting, seeking nominations or applications for the Senior Advisor and Associate levels. To submit your resume for internal positions, please send your resume and cover letter with the position listed in the subject line to email@example.com.
NPAG is an executive search and consulting firm dedicated to serving the mission-driven community. We partner with best-in-class nonprofit organizations nationally and globally to find executive-level leaders who are helping to find innovative solutions to our most pressing social problems. We believe that leadership matters, and we are privileged to advance our clients’ missions through our work. Our clients come from all corners of the non-profit sector ranging from healthcare, education, philanthropy, social justice, and the arts to issue specific research, policy development, and advocacy.
NPAG provides leadership, advice, and counsel to our partners through the custom design and execution of a tailored search strategy, built to address the unique needs of our clients. Our success is evident in the high quality and long-term partnerships we have built with some of the most innovative and impactful mission-driven organizations in the United States, as well as globally. We have also been recognized for the success of our 100% virtual consulting model, which allows us to provide higher quality, lower cost, and fully flexible services to our clients across the country and the globe, while also offering employees a creative, energetic, and family-friendly work place.
Over the past 14 years, NPAG has experienced tremendous growth in the depth and sophistication of our partnerships and searches. In addition, we have worked to strategically invest in our internal capacity, including implementing upgraded database services, enhancing our benefits program, launching a new marketing plan, and making key hires to support our growth. In that vein, NPAG now seeks a talented and creative Senior Associate to help execute every stage of the search process.
Opportunities and challenges facing the Senior Associate
The Senior Associate will join NPAG during a period of exciting new development in our business. Individuals must have highly refined critical thinking skills and a background in a relevant area. Examples include research, policy analysis, advocacy, human capital, nonprofit management or a related field. S/he must possess enthusiasm for partnering with mission-driven organizations, the ability to manage multiple projects at once and to communicate well with internal and external collaborators. The Senior Associate will receive formal and on-the-job training in all aspects of executive search and will be encouraged to grow and develop their career within NPAG.
The Senior Associate will be expected to:
• Establish strong relationships with Vice Presidents to ensure internal-external communication is seamless at all times;
• Develop and write client materials including position descriptions which capture the excitement and opportunity inherent in each search and candidate summary materials which detail the unique and compelling qualities in each candidate’s application;
• Analyze the organizational structure and culture of each client during scoping visits and client calls to tailor each search directly to the needs of each client;
• Screen candidate applications for appropriateness to the position and sharing key qualities of appropriate candidates with Vice Presidents and clients;
• Conduct candidate telephone interviews to more deeply understand candidates’ careers and to assess suitability of fit to the client organization;
• Reference check candidates thoroughly and systematically, and working with the Vice Presidents to ensure clients’ questions and concerns are addressed in a manner befitting the importance NPAG places on highly skillful referencing;
• Participating in company-wide meetings and discussion about client and candidate development and ongoing quality improvement to ensure NPAG benefits from the collective wisdom of all its team members.
Qualities of the ideal candidate
Successful candidates will, first and foremost, be committed to supporting nonprofit organizations in their missions to effect change in racial equity, child welfare, gender equality, educational excellence and environmental justice. S/he will be a strong project manager with an entrepreneurial approach to managing each stage of the search process. The successful candidate will combine intuition with the intellectual rigor to discover the deeper story about candidates, clients, and the positions we fill. S/he will be a responsive, engaging communicator who can lead internal meetings, and cultivate a working rapport with clients from initial scoping meetings to the final placement. S/he will work in a flexible consulting arrangement which necessitates energy, self-motivation, and discipline to meet or exceed internal and external deadlines.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
•A minimum of a college degree and three years’ work experience in the nonprofit, academic, human capital or otherwise mission-driven community;
•Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including superb grammar, writing, proofreading and editing ability;
•The ability to work independently and to problem-solve effectively balanced with the wisdom to know when to seek guidance;
•A strong detail-orientation and an unfailing commitment to and pride in quality work;
•Fluency and facility with web-based technology such as search engines, shared calendars, instant messaging, and databases, and both comfort and ability working effectively in a virtual environment;
•The confidence and skill to appropriately question, manage, and advise individuals who are leaders in their fields;
•Well-developed empathic skills and the ability to work well with individuals from all walks of life;
•An inclination toward and excitement about life-long learning and the drive to thrive in new challenges and opportunities;
• A collegial, team-oriented working style;
• Willingness to seek out and receive constructive criticism;
• Respect and the willingness to advocate for diversity in all its forms; and
• A healthy sense of humor and appreciation for creativity and fun in the workplace.
Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, resume (in Word format), and salary history should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries regarding the position can be sent to Erica Nicole Griffin, Senior Associate, email@example.com.
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, candidates of color, and people of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.